[Condor-users] Custom job classads?

Hi,

I would like a machine in my pool to only run a particular kind of job. I'd like to identify this job by adding a custom attribute to this job's submit file. I started by defining "+Foo = TRUE" in a submit file and then submitting it. condor_q -l does indeed show that Foo = TRUE in this job's classad.

However, on the machine side of things, I've tried two things and haven't gotten either to work. First, I added this line to my machine's condor_config file:

  APPEND_REQUIREMENTS = Foo =?= TRUE

but this doesn't seem to prevent this machine from starting jobs that don't have Foo defined. My guess is because it's trying to look at vars in the machine's classad rather than vars in the (static) job classad - but even then Foo isn't defined in the machine's classad. Second, I tried changing my START expression to:

  START =  Foo =?= TRUE

So this works, but when the machine is idle, it shows up as "Owner" in condor_status list, implying someone is at the console using it (really, though, I suppose I'm tricking condor into making the machine appear busy - e.g. keyboard activity or otherwise, so it won't start a job). Is there a setting I can use that makes the machine appear "Unclaimed" when it doesn't have a job that matches the machine's requirements?

I'm using condor 6.7.20 on x86_64.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

 - Armen

--