Re: [Condor-users] Custom job classads?

> So this works, but when the machine is idle, it shows up as "Owner" in

> condor_status list, implying someone is at the console using it
(really,
> though, I suppose I'm tricking condor into making the machine appear
> busy - e.g. keyboard activity or otherwise, so it won't start a job).

> Is there a setting I can use that makes the machine appear "Unclaimed"

> when it doesn't have a job that matches the machine's requirements?

The quick answer is: no.

You've written your START expression such that Condor can only figure
out the state of the machine if there's a job to get the value of Foo
from. So in the absence of a job Condor can't figure out what Foo is, so
it's undefined, which kind of evaluates to false in ClassAd land, which
means START = False and when START = False the state is Owner. That is
the very definition of the Owner state in Condor.

State machines rule.

- Ian