Re: [Condor-users] Executable that produce graphics (e.g. histograms)

%cat analysis.error
root: can't figure out DISPLAY, set it manually

This sounds like it is trying to write to your XWIN display which
isn't goign to be much use in a batch environment.

Try the changes above and see how you get on.

I've used Condor with X window applications before. My solution was to start a vncserver on the job host when the job started, point the application at that display, and then kill the vncserver when the job is done. The only tricky part is getting authorization to talk to that display; I edited my vncserver xstartup script to run an xhost +`hostname` so that I could connect. Not incredibly secure, I'm sure somebody who knew more about xauth could give a better
solution.

I've also configured cluster nodes that launch the X server at boot time and log in as a user and run xhost +`hostname`.

Dave