[Condor-users] Job attribute based preemption

Hi,

I disabled preemption altogether in our pool but would like to enable it for only a specific type of job. I'm currently using the rank expression to order the execution of the jobs and have user priority effect only within these job types but would like to have very important jobs that do preempt others (but not each other). I thought that by using an expression for the MaxJobRetirementTime I could control preemption based on job classad attributes but I'm not sure how to compare the attributes of the currently running job to the new job to decide whether preemption should happen.

Is it possible at all what I'd like to do or do I have to use a completely different method to achieve
job attribute based preemption?

Cheers,
Szabolcs