Re: [Condor-users] is condor open source?

o c wrote:

The "ask and we'll consider it" approach is not
typical of what people understand by the term "open
source", but then it is an ambiguous phrase, I guess.

A more accurate term for the current state of the Condor code is "transitioning to open source". Fortunately, a lot of progress has been made in moving forward with the transition. One of the chief concerns is to have a clear separation between the portions of Condor that do and do not require administrative privileges. The 6.9.2 release contains some of the results of this work.

I'll leave it to others to provide guesses about timetables for the completion of this transition, but at least the ball is rolling.

--Dan