Re: [Condor-users] Eviction Problems

Matt,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

The uncommented "RANK" lines in our config file are:

PREEMPTION_RANK         = $(UWCS_PREEMPTION_RANK)
NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = $(UWCS_NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK)
NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK = $(UWCS_NEGOTIATOR_POST_JOB_RANK)
UWCS_NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = RemoteOwner =?= UNDEFINED
UWCS_PREEMPTION_RANK = (RemoteUserPrio * 1000000) - TARGET.ImageSize
TESTINGMODE_PREEMPTION_RANK = 0

We have only made minor changes to the packaged condor_config file.  In case it might be handy, I've attached our condor_config file to this email.

Thanks again for the help.

HPH

On 4/16/07, Matt Hope <matthew.hope@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 4/16/07, Hrant P. Hratchian <hhratchi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My group is using Condor to run programs that can NOT be checkpoint'd in a
> way that's compatable with Condor's eviction/restart scheme.  Therefore, we
> need to turn off evictions entirely.  We are running Condor version 6.8.4.
> I have the following settings in the condor_config file:
>
> WANT_SUSPEND            = FALSE
> WANT_VACATE             = FALSE
> PREEMPT = False
> KILL = False
>
> In previous versions this always seemed to work, but presently )with 6.8.4)
> we are running into sporadic evictions.  Is there a standard set of flags
> that I need to set?

What are the startds' RANK setting?

If this is variable it will cause preemption no matter what (though
this has always been the case in at least 6.6 onwards)

Matt

The archives can be found at either
http://www.opencondor.org/spaces/viewmailarchive.action?key=CONDOR

--