Re: [Condor-users] condor user

On Thu April 19 2007 12:31 pm, Mehdi Sheikhalishahi wrote:
> Hi,
>  I installed Condor 6.8.4 by user root via Old installation method.
> Now I start Condor by condor_master command as root user, But when I
> use ps auwx command to see Condor processes I see that they belong to
> condor user not root user.
> What's problem?

This isn't a problem -- it's the way Condor is supposed to work, and it's a
Good Thing(tm).  Even though Condor is running as root, it spends as much
time as possible running as a non-privileged user to reduce the security
risks.  By default, that user is "condor".  Condor will automatically raise
it's privilege when it needs to do operations as root (actually, usually,
it'll just raise to root, then immediately switch to another user (ie the
job's owner or similar)).

-Nick

--
           <<< It's the question that drives us. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project