Re: [Condor-users] Question: how to access system environment variables in startd (under windows) ?

The problem:
I need a startd (worker) to access one of the system variables that is
on the local machine (not the one from which I submitted the job).
However, the environment variables list is limited, and does not
contain the system variables as seen from the control
panel->system->environment variables.

From what I understand , the Windows 'user' that condor runs jobs under only sees a very restricted set of system variables by design. In my case I had to set the environment variables I needed manually in a bat file before calling the .exe to do the real work.

Andrew