[Condor-users] Condor, Octave and Scilab

Hi Condor Users,

Has anyone been able to get either Octave or Scilab to compile and run correctly with Condor in the Standard Universe? The reason I ask is that we have a number of LONG running simulations here at the University and they are being evicted some of the time. Ideally we'd like to be able to checkpoint if possible. I've had a look around google, people mention it is possible but I wondered if anyone had any scripts or makefiles which actually do the compilation?

We've been trying various things for the last few weeks but can't get Scilab or Octave to actually link with Condor - the problem seems to be link errors relating to __dlopen in Scilab and numerous GNU C++ functions with Octave.

I'd be grateful for ANY advice or tips you guys have as I'm starting to pull my hair out!

Thanks,

Si Hammond,
University of Warwick,
Department of Computing Science