[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Vista support in Condor
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 16:14:14 +0100
- From: "Kewley, J \(John\)" <j.kewley@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Vista support in Condor
> The Condor Team is pleased to announce the upcoming addition
> of Windows Vista to the list of supported platforms in the
> next release of Condor (6.8.6). While this addition is
> currently very near completion there are a few known issues
> that need to be resolved:
> + Debug symbols have not been stripped from executables so
> they will be loaded even if crash reporting is not in effect;
> + The current distribution will not run on Windows 2000 as
> the development environment for Windows Vista considers it
Can you just clarify that I have understood the above correctly?
* The next Stable release (6.8.6) will support Windows Vista?
* The next Stable release (6.8.6) will no longer support Windows 2000?
is this right? if not, what do you mean by "current distribution"?
Presumably this will also affect development versions.
Overall, this is great news, I anticipate that Vista support will be needed
here at some point. I believe we may still have some Windows 2000 around though.