[Condor-users] HELP :"Claimed + Idle" jobs. What does this mean?

Hello,

I've sent a message earlier this week, reporting and asking for help
concerning jobs that get stuck in Condor, but received no reply.
Meanwhile I've realized that the jobs that get stuck (meaning that they
terminate but condor_q reports that they are still running), appear to
be claiming the machines where they ran. Using condor_status command
shows them to be : "Claimed + Idle" for a long, long period of time.
What does this mean? Since Condor does not appear to be actually running
anything. Yet they are claimed and idling and not doing any work. When
searching for solutions in the mailing list I realized that this seems
to be a recurrent problem, yet I couldn't find an explanation.

Thanks in advance

Diana Lousa
PhD student
ITQB-UNL