[Condor-users] IP resolution problem: /etc/hosts contains 127.0.1.1

Hello,

I've got an existing Condor pool, and I want to add Ubuntu Feisty (7.04) hosts to the pool. Unfortunately, these hosts are not able to connect to the collector. Feisty by default has this line in /etc/hosts:

127.0.1.1       hostname.domainname. hostname

If the line is removed, it works fine. However, the admins here are not willing to remove the line, so I've got to solve this in the application. I've tried the NO_DNS setting, but that didn't help. Is there any other setting that might solve this problem?

kurt.