Re: [Condor-users] IP resolution problem: /etc/hosts contains 127.0.1.1

Dan Bradley wrote:
The only reason this doesn't break more software is most daemons bind to 0.0.0.0, so they listen on *all* interfaces, regardless of how the hosts file is set up.

BIND_ALL_INTERFACES = True

I personally would like the above to be true by default. I'd be curious to know if this would have solved your problem without any changes to the system configuration. My guess is that it would.

It does! Hurray!

> NETWORK_INTERFACE = <ip address>

This works as well. I prefer the above though, since I would have to keep the address in sync with whatever address gets assigned by the admins. This might be the way to go for WiFi-equipped machines though: only listen to the wire.

thanks a lot,
kurt.