[Condor-users] arguments in input file

Hello everybody,

I use Condor under Windows XP. Now I am studying how to submit jobs using arguments from input file.

First I tried to run an executable which receives an argument from the stdin and prints the argument to the stdout. I executed

the exe from the command line with an argument and it performed well. Then I tried to add line “arguments = abcdef12345” in the submit file. The job was submitted and executed again as expected. In the end I put the argument in input file data.in and add line “input=data.in” in the submit file. The job was submitted and terminated normally (this is reported in the log file) but the out file was:

Argument: (null)

It means that the job did not receive argument from the input file. Any ideas what’s wrong?

Thanks,

Ivailo Penev