Re: [Condor-users] Arch requirements problems

In this case, I was trying to force it to run just on the 64bit nodes to see if it would work. I'm trying to determine if I want to change the default Arch requirements to send jobs to either 64bit or 32bit nodes when they are submitted from 32bit machines. The problem is that we basically run our own custom distro based on Ubuntu, but mostly built from source here, so I can't just install a 32bit compatibility package or two and have any reasonable assurance that things will Just Work.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.  That is the direction I'm heading.

- dave

Kewley, J (John) wrote:
I'm trying to send a trivial test job from one of our 32bit submit nodes to the 64bit nodes we now have. When I submit them,
my Arch and
OpSys requirements are not in the classads, and the jobs
run on 32bit
machines.  ...

Queue   1
Requirements = Arch == "X86_64" && OpSys == "LINUX"

If you were happy for the jobs to run on 32 bit too, you could also
add an OR so that it ran on either. If you wanted it to PREFER X86_64
(i.e.
run on INTEL, but only if X86_64 are busy),
then you could also specify this using a RANK expression

Cheers

JK