Re: [Condor-users] WANT_SUSPEND=False for Vanilla jobs, as normal user, per submission

> Is it possible to specifiy WANT_SUSPEND=False as a normal
> user and/or on a per submission basis?

It is possible to control it on a per-job basis but you have to modify
the config files on your machines.

> In my case, I have only short jobs (running a couple of
> minutes). So, I wouldn't care if they're immediately
> preempted. For a local user on the other hand, that would be
> much more convenient.

When you submit your jobs tag them with a special attribute so they're
marked as jobs you don't want to suspend:

+VacateThisJob = True

> So, is it possible to handle WANT_SUSPEND in a more flexible
> way than just putting a single setting for all users/jobs?

And now change WANT_SUSPEND to pay attention to this attribute if it
exists:

WANT_SUSPEND = MY.VacateThisJob =!= TRUE

This will evaluate to TRUE for any job that either does not have
VacateThisJob set or has it set to False. And it'll evaluate to False
when a job has it set, disabling suspension of the job on the machine.

I'm basing this on some stuff we do for preemption and auto-retirement
in our farm so test it out. But I think that'll work for you.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.