Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Core 2 Duo processors

Hi Ian,

Ian Cottam wrote:
We have a new Condor pool here - early days but trials are going well.

We also have quite a few Intel Core 2 Duo processor PCs, and I note that Condor cleverly sets up two job streams for such; is it possible (ideally via condor_config changes) to say one processor can be used anytime but the other be on the normal "15mins idle + low CPU activity"?

regards
-Ian

Define two types of VM as described in:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_13Setting_Up.html#SECTION004137000000000000000

Assign each core a different VM and then have different start policies, depending on the needs you've outlined, e.g.:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/3_13Setting_Up.html#SECTION004137800000000000000

That should get you there.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Dr Mark Calleja
Cambridge eScience Centre, University of Cambridge