Re: [Condor-users] condor turned off by default?

> Is there a way to have condor start up with particular daemons turned
> off by default?  I want the condor_master running (i.e. I want
> /etc/init.d/condor start to run), but I want startd to not turn on
until
> someone manually types "condor_on".

Set DAEMON_LIST in your machine's local configuration file to:

DAEMON_LIST = master

To start it up as an execute node you'll to tell condor_on what daemon
you want to turn on (because with the above setting condor is "on"). So:

condor_on -startd

On the machine would tell Condor to start up the startd daemon and start
running jobs on this machine.

- Ian