Re: [Condor-users] Java with Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Further thoughts...

Does Condor, when running the Java benchmark at startup, break one of the two rules for Rosetta emulated code described here <http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2005/qa1295.html>.
Probably a question for a Condor developer.

I guess if anyone with old PPC Macs has the same problem, then it must be something else.
-Ian

Ian Cottam wrote:
By running top I see java running for the 2 second benchmark. So, my guess is that it writes some output to a directory/file that it does not have permission to. Condor presumably sees the error, but probably just tries to copy the error output to the user; assuming that was similarly redirected to somewhere protected, it will be an empty file. Hence, java is deemed not to work but we the user see nothing. Is this likely? Does it help anyone to advise where to relax permissions (i.e. give write access)?

regards
-Ian

Ian Cottam wrote:
Thanks for advice: I was wondering if the symlink could be a problem.

However, what is the fix? I have tried substituting the actual executable's path for where I had /usr/bin/java in the config, but same result :-(

-Ian

Matthew Farrellee wrote:
Could it be that /usr/bin/java is actually a symlink on OS X?

matt