Re: [Condor-users] Compute node always claimed by the owner

On 2/16/07, Nigel Sim <nigel.sim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have just installed Condor 6.8.4, and I've managed to get the master
to see all the compute nodes, with the master also running a startd.
When I execute condor_status it reports that the master machine is Idle,
but the other attached nodes are in state Owner.

The compute nodes have no keyboards, no mice, and no X, and no
processors running. Running Debian/Linux. I have not been able to
determine how to disable the Owner detection up til now.

How do I make these machines show up as Unclaimed? What is the debug
process to see what is triggering the Owner state.

Owner is determined by the START expression.

If it evaluates to False then the machine is considered to be in the
Owner state*

Therefore what is the START expression set to on these machines?

If they are dedicated machines then just setting it to True will be
sufficient to get you running.

Matt

* slight simplification - things like a job is already running change this