Re: [Condor-users] Memory usage limitation

Fabrice Charlier wrote:
> I would like to know if it's possible to limit the memory usage of a job
submitted on a condor cluster.
For example, if my job takes more than 1Gb of memory, condor sends a SIGKILL to it.

I found a old post (2005) on the mailing list that says condor will never have this functionality.
It's always true?

Somewhere in late 6.7, condor added SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE. You can add a SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE expression such as

SYSTEM_PERIODIC_REMOVE = (ImageSize > 1000000)

which will terminate any job whose VSIZE exceeds 1 GB.

- B