Re: [Condor-users] can't install 6.8.4 on Win XP (previous ones ok)

-----Original Message-----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Greg Quinn
Sent: 23 February 2007 15:28
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] can't install 6.8.4 on Win XP (previous ones
ok)

Smith, Ian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems installing Condor 6.8.4 on Win XP although past
> installs have been - relatively - problem free.

> C:\condor>net start condor
>
> The Condor service was started successfully.
>
> But then there's no sign of the condor_master in the process list and
> annoyingly the logs directory is empty so it's difficult to see what
> has gone awry.

Hello,

You may want to try running "condor_master -f" from the command prompt,
and seeing if the output is at all helpful. This sometimes allows you to
get at messages that are printed before Condor's logging subsystem is
initialized (which you can't get at when Condor is run as a service).

Greg Quinn
Condor Team

AHA I think I may have found a packaging bug. When I run "condor_master
-f" I get

Can't open "C:\Condor/log/MasterLog"
2/23 15:46:27 dprintf() had a fatal error in pid 2756
Can't open "C:\Condor/log/MasterLog"
errno: 2 (No such file or directory)

If I rename the c:\condor\logs dir to c:\condor\log all is well.

many thanks for the replies,

-ian.