Re: [Condor-users] can't install 6.8.4 on Win XP (previous ones ok)

AHA I think I may have found a packaging bug. When I run "condor_master
-f" I get

Can't open "C:\Condor/log/MasterLog"
2/23 15:46:27 dprintf() had a fatal error in pid 2756
Can't open "C:\Condor/log/MasterLog"
errno: 2 (No such file or directory)

If I rename the c:\condor\logs dir to c:\condor\log all is well.

Hello again,

Sort of a packaging bug ;) The "logs" directory you see was actually
left in the ZIP file by mistake. It contains some output from the Condor
build that is sometimes useful to developers.

As far as the "log" directory, this needs to be created by hand if you're installing manually (along with the "spool" and "execute" directories).

I noticed that this is not made apparent in the "manual installation on Windows" section of the Condor manual. I've added some text to make this more clear, which will be included next time we release the manual.

Thanks,

Greg Quinn
Condor Team