[Condor-users] Need some guidelines for a chunking up vanilla Win appplication across nodes

I am a very new user for Condor ( Windows)
So this is pretty basic question...

I have a vanilla "solver" type application that operates on a set of n frequencies 1...n
e.g.
% solve -start 1 -end 10 file.in file.out
solves from frequency 1 to frequency 10

So if I was to run on 2 nodes, the first node would be run
% solve -start 1 -end 5 file.in file1.out
and the second
% solve -start 6 -end 10 file.in file2.out
etc...

Up to a maximum of n nodes

When done, I would transfer the files back , then run a utility to combine the results.

1. Is there some way to use Condor to generate the -start and -end parameters based on the number of available nodes? 2. I also need to run a utility to get 'n' ( number of frequencies) as that is encoded in the input file. I would then need pass that somehow to Condor (assuming it can do 1. )

Andrew