Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.8.3 on Windows

I'll answer my own question.
After much gnashing of teeth,wailing and mailing list searching the problem was that the machines that would not function on CONDOR did not have entries in the DNS for our 192.168.0.X private LAN. We are running a WINS server ( part of OS X Server 10.3.9) so the Windows machines can quite happily see other on the Windows domain, and ping each other by name and so on, but they do NOT necessarily have entries in the local BIND DNS server.

I will tell you that was darn hard to figure out as nothing condor puts in its log files that I could see gives a direct clue to this problem.

Andrew