Re: [Condor-users] DAGMAN_SUBMIT_DEPTH_FIRST setting flips the submission order.

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, [ISO-8859-1] Horvátth Szabolcs wrote:

> First of all thanks for implementing depth first dag submission.
>
> When setting DAGMAN_SUBMIT_DEPTH_FIRST to true the order
> the dag nodes get submitted into the queue is reversed,
> so the last submitted job is the first to get into the queue.
>
> In my opinion the first "level" of jobs *should* be submitted
> in the order defined in the dag file and only the child jobs
> should get into the start of the submission queue.
> The current method basically flips the execution order of
> the whole dag.
>
> Any thoughts on this one?

Well, I can understand why you want things that way, although the DAG
semantics don't guarantee anything about what order "siblings" are
submitted in.

Basically, the reason it works the way it does is that it was *much*
easier to implement that way.  I'll have to think about this a bit
more, I guess...

Kent Wenger
Condor Team