Re: [Condor-users] condor 6.8.8, 32 and 64 bits

Nicolas,

An alternative could be to use the uname command, and set the path and
condorconfig as so:

PATH=/nfs/condor/condor_`uname -p`/bin
CONDOR_CONFIG=/nfs/condor/condor_`uname -p`/etc/condor_config

Then maintain two directories under your /nfs/condor/ structure one
labeled condor_amd64 and the other labeled say condor_x86

Then look at what uname -p returns on each computer and put a link in
the /nfs/condor directory pointing to the correct version of condor.

Ie, if uname -p returns "athlon" then put a link from condor_athlon to
condor_x86, use the ln command

This will then allow you to update the two different condor installs
when condor is updated again, and you can add more links in the
/nfs/condor directory when you add new and different cpus.

I think this will be better for you,

Peter

Dr Peter Myerscough-Jackopson  -  Engineer
MULTIPLE ACCESS COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
Delta House, The University of Southampton Science Park, Southampton,
SO16 7NS,
United Kingdom.
Tel: +44 (0)23 8076 7808 Fax: +44 (0)23 8076 0602
Web: http://www.macltd.com/  Email:
peter.myerscough-jackopson@xxxxxxxxxx