Re: [Condor-users] problem loading environment in Windows

On 1/23/07, Kevin Owen <kjvowen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a small cluster of windows machines, with a RHEL4 central
manager/submitter.  When I submit jobs, they run on the windows boxes as
a limited-access user.  The problem is that when they log in as that
user, it doesn't load the environment (most importantly, PATH, which
contains all the paths to the applications that I might need to run my
program).  I tried using the getenv command in the job description file,
but it loads the environment from the Linux submitter.  Is there any way
to load the correct windows environment?  Thanks,

If you have a particular set of environment variables you require for
a job you can set them explicitly on submit via the environment option

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v6.8/condor_submit.html
(look for environment)

This would be the best way of setting any required values.

Matt