Re: [Condor-users] File stage-in fails in Condor 6.9.1 as a submitter to GT4

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 15:29, Jaime Frey wrote:

> Using your submit file, I can successfully submit a job to a remote
> machine using Condor 6.9.1. Nothing has changed in how Condor
> delegates the job credential between 6.7.x and 6.9.1.
>
> If you set 'GRIDMANAGER_DEBUG = D_FULLDEBUG' in your config file, you
> should see a large java exception stack trace in the gridmanager log
> for the stage-in error. It should have more information about what
> exactly went wrong.

Hi Jaime,

I identified the problem:

 In Condor 6.9.1 the environment variable GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE
 does not get propagated to gridftp_wrapper.sh.

My setup:

 1. I have set in condor_config

       LOWPORT=40000
       HIGHPORT=50000

 2.  also set in the Condor startup script

        export GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE=40000,50000

    (just to be on the safe side, because the latter
    should be done automagically).

As a workaround, I hacked gridftp_wrapper.sh
to set GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE in there too.

Could you confirm whether GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE does
not get propagated to gridftp_wrapper.sh at your site?

Thank you.
Gabriel