Re: [Condor-users] File stage-in fails in Condor 6.9.1 as a submitter to GT4

On Jan 26, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Gabriel Mateescu wrote:

I identified the problem:

 In Condor 6.9.1 the environment variable GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE
 does not get propagated to gridftp_wrapper.sh.

My setup:

 1. I have set in condor_config

       LOWPORT=40000
       HIGHPORT=50000

 2.  also set in the Condor startup script

        export GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE=40000,50000

    (just to be on the safe side, because the latter
    should be done automagically).

As a workaround, I hacked gridftp_wrapper.sh
to set GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE in there too.

Could you confirm whether GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE does
not get propagated to gridftp_wrapper.sh at your site?

Ah, that explains it. Condor doesn't explicitly propagate GLOBUS_TCP_PORT_RANGE to the gridftp job. That's a bug that needs to be fixed.

You wouldn't have seen this problem with versions earlier than 6.7.18 because scheduler universe jobs inherited the environment of the schedd. We changed that in 6.7.18.

We don't have a firewall that blocks most ephemeral ports, so we weren't affected.

|           Jaime Frey           | I used to be a heavy gambler.     |
|       jfrey@xxxxxxxxxxx        | But now I just make mental bets.  |
| http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~jfrey/ | That's how I lost my mind.        |