[Condor-users] Pure MPI versus MPI under Condor

Hi all,

I just want to ask on what advantages/disadvantages of using Condor in
running MPI jobs? If I get it right, MPI jobs under Condor still use
dedicated machines, so the jobs can not be checkpointed? And also the job
can be submitted only in the dedicated scheduler? Are these also the case
for running pure MPI jobs in a cluster(not a condor pool)?

What basically are their differences?

And also, I haven't tried MPI yet, does MPI handles jobs with
interdependencies?

Looking forward for your response.

Leo