Re: [Condor-users] Executing job per node?

Hello Ana (?),

I also have a set of computers with 4 cores. I have set them up to present themselves to condor as 3 types of virtual machine.
The first has 1 CPU, the second has 2 CPUs and the third has 4 CPUs. I then have a start expression that only allows a new job to start if the number of used CPUs is less than 4.

In my job advert I then add that a job requires 4 CPUs. At which point it will claim the VM with 4 CPUs, blocking any new jobs from claiming that machine.

Please look at the archives for my post on my condor set-up. It is at:

https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/2006-November/msg00068.shtml

The only thing caveat that I will say is that using this set-up each machine has 7 virtual machines listed in the condor list which makes it very long to look at. The set-up works though and gives you flexibility to use the machines as 4x 1CPU machines, 2x 2CPU Machines or 1x 4CPU machines, along with any combination that adds to 4.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Dr Peter Myerscough-Jackopson
Engineer, MAC Ltd

phone:+44 (0) 23 8076 7808 fax:+44 (0) 23 8076 0602
email:peter.myerscough-jackopson@xxxxxxxxxx  web:www.macltd.com

Multiple Access Communications Limited is a company registered in
England at Delta House, Southampton Science Park, Southampton,
SO16 7NS, United Kingdom with Company Number 1979185