Re: [Condor-users] Condor for ALPHA RedHat Linux 7.x

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 05:11:13PM +0200, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> Dear Condor developers:
>
> In the Release Notes I found that the ALPHA RH7.x port has been phased out
> in the last stages of the 6.7 series (6.7.18 seems to be the last version
> featuring Alpha/Linux support); but I could not find out which 6.6.x release
> would correspond to it (6.6.11 or 6.6.12; there's no mention of "alpha" in
> the relnotes for 6.6 at all). I don't care about Digital Unix; and I don't
> care about Tru64; but this sudden end (with the last version no longer
> downloadable!) poses a major problem for me.
>
> I understand that developers' powers are finite; still I'm curious:
> - is this a final decision?

With the disclaimer that I don't work for the Condor project these days, so
I don't speak for them, but yes, it is a final decision.

> - is there a way to access the last 6.6 and 6.7 tarballs for Alpha/Linux?

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/downloads/v6.6.license.html

Unfortunately, it looks like the 6.7.18 releases aren't around anymore.
If it's critical, they're backed up at Wisconsin and could be made
available again.

> (I'm afraid it's not legitimate to ask other users to send me a copy as
> long as one has to go through the "accept license" download page...)

No, it's fine.

-Erik