Re: [Condor-users] Condor with power saving PCs

On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 14:37, Smith, Ian wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I've spent quite a bit of time recently getting Condor to work
> with our Win XP pool on PCs that employ power saving (that is
> they shutdown after 30 min of inactivity if no one is logged on).
> This was a good deal more fiddly than I first anticipated. If anyone
> is interested I'll post the details here. With full economic costing
> coming in in UK academia I think this could be a growing concern.

Our classrooms are shutdown at night. Also, all desktop machines (staff
and students) now switch the monitor off after 5 minutes of inactivity!

So, please, any guidance etc would be useful.

Can I suggest you write it all up and publish some web pages/wiki? This
way this Condor Community can have info with more longevity. (Yes, I
know about archives, but you know what people are like when told to
search them!).

And, yes, FEC is going to be a huge concern ... and of course, you do
pronounce the TLA like Father Ted, don't you? ;-)

Cheers,

Rob