Re: [Condor-users] Condor on multiple network interfaces

Hi,

I use a similar setup. I have

BIND_ALL_INTERFACES = TRUE

But you must make sure the server name resolves to the public IP also
for the internal machines.

Tomas

On 7/17/07, Nicholas Lavigne <condor.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Due to a shortage of allocated IP addresses on our university's network, we
have decided to use the central manager machine (running Debian) as a
gateway with two network interfaces and place some compute nodes on a
sub-network behind it.  The router is doing its job correctly, but the
machines on the subnet do not seem to appear in the Condor pool.

Are there any general rules for having Condor listen on two network
interfaces?  Maybe some modification to the HOSTALLOW_READ and
HOSTALLOW_WRITE variables on the central manager?  Currently,

HOSTALLOW_READ = *
HOSTALLOW_WRITE = 134.95.*

But I would like Condor to listen on the 192.168.10.* subnet as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nicholas Lavigne
University of Cologne