[Condor-users] Controlling the number of jobs running on multi-core computers [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

By default, Condor appears to consider each core on dual, quad etc. core
computers as a separate entity (virtual machine). I have some programs that
can happily run concurrently on the different virtual machines of a single
computer. And of course, others that have problems if there is another job
running on the same computer.

Does Condor allow the user submitting a job to specify a requirement that a
particular job can only run on a computer if there are no other jobs already
running on that computer?

And if such a job is running, to stop any other jobs from being allocated to
the other virtual machines for this computer?

I have trawled through the archives and other material and can't see an
answer.

Thanks,

Richard Lane
Geoscience Australia