[Condor-users] Linux installation error

When trying to install condor 6.8.5 on our linux cluster we can successfully install it on the master node but receive the following error while trying to install on compute (execute) nodes.

./condor_configure --install --install-dir=/usr/local/share/condor --local-dir=/etc/condor --type=execute --central-manager=flaxhead.example.com --owner=condor
ERROR: Can't read config source /home/condor/condor_config.local
Unable to find local directory!

Is the local directory referred to in the above message the one we are specifying in the above command line options?

What is a config source and how does it get created? Is /home/condor/condor_config.local a directory or a file?

Please help!