Re: [Condor-users] Condor on Windows 64bit?

Does the Condor 6.8 series run on Windows XP Pro and Windows Server 2003 in
their 64bit versions? I read quite some confusing things - some people
reporting it does, others saying that there are restrictions. Is there any
"official" statement?

FWIW, earlier this year I replaced our older Windows XP 32-bit "slave"
machines with new Opteron-based computers (two dual core processors each),
which all run Windows XP Pro x64 and Condor 6.8.4 (the master still runs
6.6.9 under the 32-bit version of Windows).  There were no major problems.
The only catches we ran into (that I can remember anyway) were:

1) x64 has two different "Program Files" folders.  The one that 32-bit apps
(like Condor) get installed into is called "Program Files (x86)".  My users
had to add this directory to their path statements for their stuff to work.

2) x64 processors appear as "WinNT52" machines, while 32-bit XP appears as
"WinNT51".  Again, users had to make a few minor adjustments for this, but
it was no big deal.

Chris

Chris Freemesser, University of Rochester
Department of Brain & Cognitive Sciences /
      Center for Visual Science
Meliora Hall, Room 244
E-Mail: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:  (585)275-0786