Re: [Condor-users] Adding private network nodes to condor

Hi John,

Kewley, J (John) wrote:
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mark Calleja
... May I
suggest that you give the head node a private IP address too (it could be a virtual interface; it doesn't have to have an extra NIC). Let's say that this private IP address is 172.24.116.14. Then in your head node's configuration you'd need:

CONDOR_HOST = head-hostname.my.private.domain
FULL_HOSTNAME = head-hostname.my.private.domain
NETWORK_INTERFACE = 172.24.116.14

All your other nodes don't need to nominate a NETWORK_INTERFACE, since they only have the one. They just need to make sure to set CONDOR_HOST to the same as above. Your pool should now work entirely via the private IP addresses. Note that the head node also has a DNS entry in the domain spanned by the private IP range.

Mark,

Would this still work for the rest of the Condor pool (the parts
that are already working ok, but are not on the private network) ?

cheers

JK

As long as the different networks can route to eachother, then yes. You need to ensure that those "private" IP addresses can reach the machines in your pool(s) with public IP addresses (they're contained within the same border routers), and the Condor configuration allows it, then you're good to. I/we find it slightly distasteful to operate as such, and like the idea of operating Condor only via the private IP addresses as it's a nice security bonus. Hence, we disable such inter-operation from within Condor.

Cheers,
Mark

I am trying to add a cluster of machines (with the head node has public IP address and accessible to public, other nodes are private and can’t be accessible to public) to the existing Condor pool.

I installed condor on head node and private nodes, and I
added this in
head node condor_config file

BIND_ALL_INTERFACES = TRUE

But still I couldn’t see those private nodes on Condor pool.

How to make those private nodes also part of Condor pool is
there any
better solution to make use of ideal cycles of those private nodes.

Thanks,

Senthil

The archives can be found at: https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/

The archives can be found at: https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/condor-users/