Re: [Condor-users] Running "light" jobs on machines with users

What you're asking is not simple if you want to do it in a REAL proper
way, which will then allow to extend it further and further. I think
you should have a look at the following DOC:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~pfc/bbs.pdf

But there is a simple way to do something close to what you want.

1. you should add to every job's classad a parameter saying if it is
light or not. You do it by adding to your submit file:

+LIGHT_JOB=TRUE

2. In your start expression you should say something like ( sorry -
don't remember the exact syntax)

$(START) || ( TIME_OF_DAY>_MORNING_ && TIME_OF_DAY<_EVENING_ &&
TARGET.LIGHT_JOB =?=TRUE )

if you want just ALWAYS to allow LIGHT_JOBs, then it's even simplier.
$(START) || (TARGET.LIGHT_JOB =?=TRUE)