[Condor-users] condor_submit -remote

I am still having some troubles with condor_submit -remote to submit
to a remote scheduler.

I have to turn on CLAIM_TO_BE (rather than the default no security) since FS_REMOTE
isn't supported without a shared filestore and/or UID domain (at least that is
my understanding).

BTW Note that I had to use LINUX.bat for my job to run rather than
$$(OpSys}$${ARCH}.bat since the target OS isn't known at this
stage. This could do with documenting.

I have Windows and Linux in the pool, central submit node being Linux.

Jobs now run, but then get stuck in "C" state, COMPLETED.

I am guessing it is trying to work out how to transfer back the output files.

Submit file is
---
# Runs a quick test
TEST = Quick

UNIVERSE = VANILLA

SHOULD_TRANSFER_FILES = YES
WHEN_TO_TRANSFER_OUTPUT = ON_EXIT

NOTIFICATION = NEVER
EXECUTABLE = LINUX.bat

LOG = $(TEST)/log
ERROR = $(TEST)/$(PROCESS).error
OUTPUT = $(TEST)/$(PROCESS).output

REQUIREMENTS = Machine == "X.dl.ac.uk"
QUEUE 1
---

Note that X.dl.ac.uk is being used as central submit AND
execute node (specifically targetted by requirements). Y.dl.ac.uk
is where the condor_submit -remote is being fun from.

Any ideas?

Any clues as to which log file on which machine further info may be found?

Cheers

JK