Re: [Condor-users] Windows manager & Linux execute/submit problem

> If I make the Linux machines talk to a Linux manager there is no
> problem so I suspect the problem is more with the Windows manager.
> The Linux machines are running version 6.8.5 of condor but the
> Windows manager is running 6.6.11 - would upgrading to 6.8.5 help?

Yes, this is an issue I met a few weeks back.

In 6.6.* a fixed port for the Negotiator (9614), by 6.8 (I don't know about
6.7) an ephemeral port is used.

Try the following magic incantation in the config file of your central manager:
# To Ensure that Negotiator uses fixed 9614 port
NEGOTIATOR_HOST = $(CONDOR_HOST)

Cheers

JK