Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.9.2 hung schedd

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 11:56:20AM -0500, Dan Bradley wrote:
> Stuart Anderson wrote:
> >One question is whether the schedd will honor a restart request when
> >it is blocked on a system call to obtain a file lock for a user log file?
> >
> Oops, good point.  The answer is no, the schedd will not honor the
> restart request.  When you specify 'condor_restart -sub schedd', the
> command goes directly to the schedd, which is hung and will therefore
> not process the command.  You could instead do 'condor_off -schedd'
> followed by 'condor_on -schedd', because these commands go to
> condor_master, which will then stop and start the schedd.  I don't know

But that's basically the same as doing kills by hand with increasing levels
(yes, I'm really serious...) I suppose the only difference would be that
condor_master would *not* automatically restart the schedd (giving me
more time to sort things out I hope)

Steffen