Re: [Condor-users] Environment variables

>...  But in the case that I
> do not set getenv, how are variables set on the machine that runs the
> job?  In my pool, I see different behavior on different
> machines, and I
> cannot determine why.  On some machines, the job picks up the
> path from the execute machine, but on other machines it does not pick up the
> path.  Any ideas?

I have only ever seen minimal environments on the machines I have run jobs.
I can only think of the following:
* Job runs as you rather than as user nobody:
  o Maybe differing UID_DOMAIN or FILESYSTEM_DOMAIN settings on the machines that
    you get a minimal or a normal env set
  o Or maybe different security policies on the two machines
* Or maybe the jobs with a richer env set actually run on the submitting machine
  and hence can run as you

To check any of the above, just send a simple shellscript checking
hostname / pwd / env / id
and see if you can see a pattern.

Sorry I haven't any other ideas why you would sometimes get a useful env

Cheers

JK