Re: [Condor-users] Failed to fetch ads from ............

Esh,

The condor_schedd process is single threaded. It has to handle incoming
submissions, condor_q information requestions, negotiation requests and
spawning condor_shadow processes -- I'm sure there's more in there I'm
forgetting. If you perform a large number of submits (or even a large
remove) the process gets tied up in queue maintenance and condor_q
requests time out. The error message you're seeing is typical of a busy
condor_schedd process. Check top -- is condor_schedd running at 100%
CPU?

- Ian