[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] our ideal configuration
- Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:47:49 +0200
- From: Horvátth Szabolcs <szabolcs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] our ideal configuration
I was trying to find the ideal configuration settings for our needs and
although part of it works nicely I still could not
get everyting working as intended. Any tip, example or experience with
similar setups is much appreciated!
- No preemtion.
- The job execution order should be controlled by custom job attributes
(low/mid/high priority) and the execution
order should respect both this setting and condor job priority. User
priority should balance job count between
users but an important task should run in spite of user priority.
Important stuff should be out the door as fast as it can be
- Job execution should be as much first-in-first-out as can be but it
should respect attribute changes of the users.
- DAGs of a user should run one after the other: by default if maxidle
or maxjobs flags are used and more dags
are submitted than the execution of jobs gets mingled between DAGs, they
run in the order of job submission.
I'd like to have the first submitted dag complete and only then start
the jobs of the next one.
Sounds like simple stuff to get working but... :)