[Condor-users] our ideal configuration

Hi,

I was trying to find the ideal configuration settings for our needs and although part of it works nicely I still could not get everyting working as intended. Any tip, example or experience with similar setups is much appreciated!

- No preemtion.

- The job execution order should be controlled by custom job attributes (low/mid/high priority) and the execution order should respect both this setting and condor job priority. User priority should balance job count between users but an important task should run in spite of user priority. Important stuff should be out the door as fast as it can be
without preemption.

- Job execution should be as much first-in-first-out as can be but it should respect attribute changes of the users.

- DAGs of a user should run one after the other: by default if maxidle or maxjobs flags are used and more dags are submitted than the execution of jobs gets mingled between DAGs, they run in the order of job submission. I'd like to have the first submitted dag complete and only then start the jobs of the next one.

Sounds like simple stuff to get working but... :)

Cheers,
Szabolcs