Re: [Condor-users] condor job submission

I have no experience with submit file sizes, but you could probably fix your problem by changing the Arch value manually. At the system I run, we need to know which specific version of Linux is running, so I set the OpSys value manually in the specific machine's condor_config.local, like so:

OpSys = SuSE-10.1-x86_32

I'm pretty sure you could do the same thing with the Arch variable, thereby enabling your user to just exclude a particular Arch value.

Best,

Dave

Gürkan Sengün wrote:
is there a limit of characters in a condor job submit file line?

we've got the problem that a submitter wants to submit a very long line
(like between 50 and 70 excluded hosts. AMD ones not) can not be submitted with an error message.

unfortunately the amd 64 bit machines don't calculate the things right,
and the Arch option only shows INTEL, no matter which manufacturer.

yours,
guerkan

--
Dave Schneider, PhD