Re: [Condor-users] condor_exec.bat

Hi,
OK I am really stuck now with this. The execution host has this message in the StarterLog.

3/1 08:27:43 ERROR "Create_Process(C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe,/Q /C condor_exec.bat , ...) failed" at line 393 in file ..\src \condor_starter.V6.1\os_proc.C
	This is because the IWD I am setting does not exist (yet...)

The problem is I have some 'antique' software that requires a specific directory structure to execute. I cannot change it's behavior. The directory structure CAN be relative to any directory on the remote host (e.g. C:\CONDOR\EXECUTE)

For example, this is how the execution would need to proceed.
	1 create directory on execute host .\NAME1\NAME2\run
	2 transfer input files from submitter to .\NAME1\NAME2\run
	3 execute '.bat' file in .\NAME1\NAME2\run
	4 transfer 'output' files from .\NAME1\NAME2\run back to submitter
	5. remove .\NAME1\NAME2\run directory structure

The problem I am having is a 'chicken-and-egg' situation. If I use remote_initialdir, condor expects that the directory exists ( obviously) as it sets it to the IWD.

Andrew