Re: [Condor-users] All jobs remaining UNSUBMITTED

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Marco Mambelli wrote:

Hi all,
I have a new condor-g installation that startes misbehaving.
After a while all new condor submissions remain in UNSUBMITTED state
(condor-g seems to ignore them).
I have currently little more than 250 jobs in other states.

Looks like you are running up against
GRIDMANAGER_MAX_SUBMITTED_JOBS_PER_RESOURCE
which defaults to 200 max at a time, or or maybe 100.

If you are submitting to friendly sites who don't mind you
sending more jobs than that at once, then increase the value
and do condor_reconfig and the rest of them should be submitted.

If that doesn't work, then your condor_gridmanager (which runs
as whatever nonprivileged user you are) is hosed and you should kill it.
It will automatically restart.

Steve Timm

condor_reschedule, removing the unsubmitted jobs, stopping and restarting,
seem all to have no effect.

Any idea on what should I look or check?

Thank you,
Marco