[Condor-users] Can't start up 6.6.11 static glibc 2.3 on Linux SUSE 10.1

Any idea what this means (we are trying to add one trial Linux box to our Windows pool):

"Can't find "condor" in the password file and condor not defined in CONDOR_IDS_config or as an environment variable."?

We do indeed have a condor user defined in /etc/passwd. Note SUSE 10.2 use a /etc/shadow to hold the real passwords - is that an issue?

Thanks
-Ian
ps: setting CONDOR_IDS doesn't work either

--
Ian Cottam
Information Systems Manager